Brian is a US Air Force Veteran, and retired from the Allegheny County Bureau of Corrections after serving 24 years as a corrections officer. During his career in corrections, he was directly involved with the training and development of the Use of Force curriculum used to train the 400 officers and administrators.
Brian became an instructor for state corrections in 2013, and continued in this role until August of 2019 when he retired.
Throughout Brian’s career in corrections teaching and working in the field, he frequently used combative techniques both in self defense and in responding to incidents providing aid to others.
Brian is excited to be teaching his group and private self defense classes at INPAX, and teaches many of our specialty clinics as well.
- State Defensive Tactics Instructor 2/2013-Present
- Safariland Training Group “Use of Force Assessment” 1-/2018-10/2021
- Human Factor Research Group “Threat Pattern Recognition Use of Force Instructor” 10/2018-10/2021
- PPCT Management System “Spontaneous Knife Defense Instructor “ 9/2019-9/2022
- Professional Development Award “Allegheny Court Bureau of Corrections 89/1995-9/2019
- Human Factor Research Group “Intermediate Weapon Instructor” 12/2018-12/2021
- Human Factor Research Group “Weapon Retention and Disarming Instructor” 12/2018-12/2021
- Human Factor Research Group “Hand Cuffing and Restraint Instructor” 12/2018-12/2021
- USA Boxing Association Certification 12/2019-12/2020
- US Center for SafeSport Trained and Certified 12/2019-12/2020