Conducted during your first private fitness sessions, the Fitness Foundations class will teach the fundamentals of safe movement and resistance management, to include:
- A proprietary Performance Movement Assessment to determine any major areas of joint/injury risk through various ranges of motion during performance (note: always consult a physician before starting any training program; our staff are not physicians and this screen is not designed to determine every possible complication).
- Breathing and bracing to protect your body during loaded and unloaded movements.
- Fundamentals of pure movement, to include: bodyweight squats, proper stability through the plank, push up, supine bodyweight row, and form for the Concept2 Rower.
- Fundamentals of key kettlebell and barbell movements, such as the Deadlift, Clean, squat, press, and Kettlebell Swing.
- Proper skill and use of facility equipment.
- Each Foundations session is finished off with a short Workout of the Day to put to practice the skills learned in that session.
For those dedicated to one-on-one fitness training, we will tailor your training sessions based on your specific needs, goals, and limitations.